Averica Discovery Services, a division of Neopharm Labs, is a leading contract research organization in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry. Our specialized experience in small molecule analysis and purification allows us to provide innovative customer-focused solutions to drug discovery and development challenges. We are seeking a highly qualified self-starter to be a key member of the management team to drive the company’s expansion.
The Director of Sales and Marketing will be a hands-on executive with a track record of sales and marketing successes and business effectiveness (ideally within a CRO, CMO/CDMO business).
This individual should possess an incredible ability to deploy the corporate vision, be comfortable challenging and redefining the status quo, and move the company to becoming the go-to service provider for organizations in the life sciences industry.
- Develop compelling sales and marketing plans to support and achieve business goals
- Manage all sales and marketing activities through leadership of the sales team
- Actively develop an integrated planning process for existing and new business opportunities by including input from sales, marketing, labs, and other operational expense units
- Work with the COO to foster and cultivate stakeholder relationships and lead the negotiation of contracts with clients
- Create a platform to launch Neopharm Labs services in the U.S. market
- Establish and maintain a leading brand and market position
- Establish effective business development program by developing, implementing and managing processes, projects, etc. and quantify success in terms of leads generated, new customers, and sales levels
- Directly supervise the sales team and grow the team commensurate with the growth of the business
- Set sales goals for individuals and the team
- Review and approve client proposals and set pricing policies
- Identify areas of inefficiency and suggest improvements
- Collaborate with the GM to develop the marketing budget; oversee long-term budgetary planning and cost management; and provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial statements, and forecasting
- Conduct due diligence and make recommendations on the timing and implementation of new service lines
- Establish and maintain productive relationships with clients
- Manage sales and marketing vendors and partners
- Coordinate selling activities with Neopharm Labs
- Oversee the production of various sales and marketing reports
- Continually update all sales/marketing tools, materials, and content (presentations, pitches, website), coordinate market presence (trade shows, symposia, etc), and develop effective marketing campaigns
- Administer the Salesforce app and leverage it to maximize salesforce and pipeline management
- Assist in the design, implementation, and timely calculations of wage incentives and commissions
Train non-sales and marketing staff as required on matters affecting sales and marketing
Professional Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science and 7+ years of sales and sales management experience in the CRO or CMO/CDMO industry
- Demonstrated aptitude for making successful and well-reasoned business decisions
- Hands-on and proactive management style
- Able to provide long term planning (3-5 years out) while balancing the short-term needs of the organization
- Proven strength as a motivational team-builder; a developer of staff, coach and mentor
- Evidence that the candidate can thrive in a fast-moving, entrepreneurial environment and can be accretive to the company’s mission on day one
- Thorough understanding and proven track record on brand development
- Self-motivated, proactive, thoughtful, strategic and creative thinker, problem-solver
- Outstanding attention to detail and work ethic
- Ability to communicate in a professional and compelling manner
Expected travel 30-40% of the time.
Submit applications through Indeed.
Applications must include both a relevant resume and a cover letter. Your cover letter should directly address the question “Why do you think you are a good fit for this position at Averica”?